The schedule for the 2017 Gavitt Games was reported on Saturday afternoon.
Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports and FanRag Sports released the schedule for the eight-game series.
- Nov. 13th: Minnesota at Providence
- Nov. 14th: Purdue at Marquette
- Nov. 15th: Butler at Maryland; Creighton at Northwestern; Indiana at Seton Hall
- Nov. 16th: Xavier at Wisconsin, Nebraska at St. John’s
- Nov. 17th: DePaul at Illinois
With Butler taking on Maryland, it’s fair to question whether the Terrapins renewed rivalry with Georgetown has ended after only two seasons. The Gavitt Games helped restore an annual matchup between the two programs. The two sides had only played once since 1994. The Gavitt Games set up a home-and-home series for 2015 and 2016. Maryland defeated Georgetown in both meetings.
The event’s final game is an in-state clash between Illinois and DePaul. Those two schools are separated by 140 miles but have not played each other since 1957.