Lonzo Ball’s signature shoe was unveiled Thursday.
Say what you want about them, but don’t call them cheap. The initial price is set at $495.
We decided to give you a list of things you could spend your five Benjamins on before the ZO2s ship in November.
- You could own 33 pairs (11 in each color) of Stephon Marbury’s cheapest shoe. Or, if you’re feeling fancy, you could cop 10 pairs of the Starbury Elites.
- Staying in the footwear department, four pairs of Klay Thompson’s signature Anta shoe could be yours and you’d still be under the Big Baller Brand budget.
- Want a more well-rounded shoe collection? We could get a pair of LeBrons, KDs and Kyries while still having enough to snag a Starbury pair as well.
- If the NBA is your thing, you could get season tickets to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Or the Memphis Grizzlies. And you’ve almost got enough for the Denver Nuggets.
- If you’re local to Raleigh, N.C., this 2001 Chrysler Concorde could be yours for just $400. You could use your 100 dollars in saving to try to get it street legal. Or drivable.
- You and four friends could have primo seats to see Dave Chappelle perform at Red Rocks.
- Hungry? You could order one of everything off of Taco Bell’s menu and still have plenty of cash left over.
- Looking to get away? A flight from New York to Amsterdam this fall will cost you less than Lonzo’s shoe. Or you could go on a four-night cruise through the Bahamas.
- If adrenaline is your thing, go ahead and skydive over the Grand Canyon.
This is, of course, a small sampling of things you can have or do for under $500. Or, you could have the shoe of a kid who has never played in the NBA nor is likely to even be the top pick of his draft. Decisions, decisions.