This post will be updated throughout the night.
- Vanderbilt (KP: 30, RPI: 62, CBT: Next Four Out): The Commodores completed their sweep of Florida on Tuesday with a win in the O-Dome. It was critical for Vandy to get this one, because they have quite a bit of ground to make up if they want to get onto the right side of the bubble. The good news? Vandy has now won four of their last five, and now they get Kentucky at home on Saturday. Win that, and it’ll be time to take a long look at their profile. As of now, I think they’re probably still on the wrong side of the cut line.
- Tulsa (KP: 43, RPI: 41, CBT: First Four Out): The Golden Hurricane landed a nice win over Temple at home on Tuesday. It’s not going to be a difference-maker for them, but with two landmine losses left on their schedule, this was a win they needed. I think Tulsa has to win out and then get at least one win in the AAC tournament to really feel comfortable on Selection Sunday.
- Texas Tech (KP: 32, RPI: 24, CBT: 8): The Red Raiders erased a 12-point halftime deficit to avoid a horrible loss at home to TCU. They’ve now won five straight in Big 12 play and have room to spare in the bubble race. Amazing, isn’t it?
- Temple (KP: 82, RPI: 58, CBT: 11): The Owls got worked at Tulsa on Tuesday night, putting them into a position where they probably have to win their next four games to get an at-large bid. Temple has some good wins, but they have a lot of losses — including two terrible losses — and, given their spot at the top of the AAC standings, may not play one until the semifinals of the AAC tournament. I’m not sure they can afford another sub-100 loss this season and still get in.
- Alabama (KP: 70, RPI: 41, CBT: Play-In Game): The Crimson Tide had a golden opportunity to play themselves comfortably onto the right side of the bubble at Kentucky … and the Wildcats ran Avery Johnson’s club out of Rupp Arena. Without a quality win left on their schedule, I’m not sure that Alabama can afford another loss.
- Florida (KP: 36, RPI: 33, CBT: 9): Losing to Vanderbilt doesn’t drop the Gators out of the tournament field, but given that the loss came at home, it really reduces their margin for error. The best part of Florida’s profile is their computer numbers, and this will hurt them.
- LSU (KP: 66, RPI: 87, CBT: N/A): The Tigers lost at Arkansas tonight. I guess we can stop talking about them now. Is it time to rest up Ben Simmons for the SEC tournament?
- Ohio State (KP: 62, RPI: 73, CBT: Next Four Out): The Buckeyes can just about be taken out of consideration after their loss to Michigan State at home on Tuesday. I think they need at least four wins to really have a shot at getting an at-large bid.