GAME OF THE NIGHT: Southern Illinois at No. 21 Wichita State, 9:00 p.m.
There are six top ten teams in action tonight, but five of them are at home and none of them will be squaring off against a team that could currently be considered likely to get an at-large bid. What’s that mean? Well, simply put, that SIU’s visit to Wichita State is the most intriguing game of the night. The Salukis have been one of the sneaky-good teams in the MVC this season, but I’m not sure anyone is going to be able to give the Shockers any kind of a fight in Wichita these days.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- Notre Dame will be paying a visit to Coral Gables tonight to take on No. 17 Miami at 7:00 p.m., which will feature a fun matchup between Angel Rodriguez and Demetrius Jackson.
- Creighton is probably good enough to be an NCAA tournament team this season, but thanks to a series of crippling close losses, they’re on the outside looking in. That’s what makes tonight’s game at No. 3 Villanova so important.
- No. 4 Maryland looks to make it three straight wins as they pay a visit to Nebraska.
- No. 23 Arizona will be looking to bounce back from a tough weekend in which they lost at home to Oregon. It will start will a visit to Washington State tonight.
- The Atlantic 10 bubble picture is fascinating, and three of the teams with tournament aspirations from the conference will be in action tonight: Saint Joseph’s hosts. St. Bonaventure, George Washington hosts Davidson and VCU visits La Salle.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- Penn State at No. 5 Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
- St. John’s at No. 6 Xavier, 6:30 p.m.
- Kansas State at No. 7 Kansas, 9:00 p.m.
- Boston College at No. 9 Virginia, 7:00 p.m.