GAME OF THE DAY: No. 22 Wichita State at Evansville, 4:00 p.m.
The Shockers have been rolling ever since Fred VanVleet returned from the hamstring injury that cost him the tournament in Orlando. They’ll get their toughest test of the Missouri Valley season this afternoon, as they pay a visit to Evansville, who is the only team in the conference with a one-two punch that approaches Gregg Marshall’s. Can D.J. Balentine and Egidijus Mockevicius pull off the upset?
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- No. 8 Maryland pays a visit to Ohio State at 1:00 p.m. The Terps won this game by 35 points in college Park earlier this month.
- No. 25 Notre Dame got smoked without Demetrius Jackson at Syracuse. Can they avoid another let down against Wake Forest today?
- No. 3 Iowa is coming off of a loss to Maryland on Thursday night. They’ll look to bounce back against Northwestern at home this afternoon.
- It feels like we can say this about every game in the Pac-12 the rest of the season, but Cal at Colorado will be an important bubble game for both teams.
- Can No. 23 Oregon remain all alone in first place in the Pac-12? They’ll have to win at Arizona State to do it.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- No. 6 Villanova at St. John’s, 12:00 p.m.
- Rutgers at No. 12 Michigan State, 5:15 p.m.