GAME OF THE NIGHT: Cal at Utah, 11:00 p.m.
Cal will head to Salt Lake City to take on Utah. The Bears won two games last week without Tyrone Wallace. Is that something that’s going to stick? Cal absolutely needs this win, and while they’re not yet at a point where losing will cost them an NCAA tournament bid, they’re not exactly in the greatest position of strength, either. A 1-6 record away would look a lot better with a Utah win on it.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- No. 17 Baylor’s visit to Oklahoma State will be poignant. It is the 15th anniversary of the plane crash that killed eight members of the Oklahoma State basketball program and the two pilots flying the plane. The Ten will be remembered tonight at the game.
- No. 5 Texas A&M will put their perfect conference record on the line tonight at Arkansas at 7:00 p.m.
- No. 16 Louisville will make the tricky road trip to Blacksburg to take on Virginia Tech tonight. Buzz Williams has proved to be a tough out in his building.
- Does any team in college basketball need a win worse than Butler does right now? They’ll get a chance tonight as they host DePaul tonight.
- UNLV looked like they turned a corner in Todd Simon’s first three games as head coach, but they blew a late lead against Nevada on Saturday. Tonight they’ll host Boise State, who may be the best team in the league.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- Missouri at No. 20 Kentucky, 9:00 p.m.
- No. 21 Purdue at Minnesota, 9:00 p.m.
- Loyola at No. 22 Wichita State, 9:00 p.m.