GAME OF THE NIGHT: Florida State at No. 17 Louisville, 9:00 p.m.
If you want to get an idea of just how unproven Louisville is at this point in the season, think about it like this: If they happen to beat Florida State tonight, a Florida State team that is tracking towards the bubble come March, it will probably be the best win that the Cardinals have landed this season. At the very least, it will be in the conversation with a road win at N.C. State as the best win they’ve landed. Louisville has been one of the best defensive teams in college basketball this season and they’ll have their work cut out for them trying to slow down Malik Beasley, Dwayne Bacon and Xavier Rathan-Mayes.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- Three of the top five teams in college basketball have already lost this week, and if that’s a trend that’s going to continue tonight, No. 4 Villanova visiting Seton Hall is the most susceptible. That game tips at 9:00 p.m.
- Texas will have a tough test tonight as they had to travel to Morgantown to play at No. 6 West Virginia at 7:00 p.m.
- The inconsistent UCLA Bruins will be visiting Oregon State tonight in the late game, tipping at 11:00 p.m. ET.
- The best game out west, however, will pit Colorado (3-2) on the road against Washington (4-1).
- Wichita State has looked like the team that we thought they were going to be entering the season, but they may have their toughest test of the Missouri Valley season tonight as they pay a visit to Northern Iowa at 8:00 p.m.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- Wake Forest at No. 2 North Carolina, 7:00 p.m.
- Nebraska at No. 11 Michigan State, 6:30 p.m.
- Kansas State at No. 13 Baylor, 8:15 p.m.
- No. 15 Miami at Boston College, 9:00 p.m.
- Virginia Tech at Notre Dame 7:00 p.m.
- Minnesota at Michigan, 8:30 p.m.
- Vanderbilt at Tennessee, 9:00 p.m.