No. 16 Providence 71, No. 18 Butler 68: Kris Dunn struggled but the Friars were still able to pick up a Big East home win. CBT’s Rob Dauster has more on why this was an important one for Providence.
Oklahoma State 86, No. 3 Kansas 67: Oklahoma State came to play as they snapped a four-game losing streak. Jawun Evans played really well and the Jayhawks played poorly. I have more on this one and why Kansas should be a bit concerned here.
Georgetown 81, No. 5 Xavier 72: The Hoyas picked up a road win in the Big East as Tre Campbell had 21 points and D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera had 20 points. Xavier shot 35 percent from the field.
No. 8 SMU 77, Houston 73: Remaining unbeaten are the Mustangs, who had a tough test from Houston but are now 18-0. Nic Moore led with 23 points for the Mustangs while Markus Kennedy contributed 16 points.
Egidijus Mockevicious, Evansville: The big man had 23 points and 20 rebounds in a win over Loyola. It’s the second consecutive 20-rebound game for the the 6-foot-10 senior.
Reggie McAdams, Akron: The senior pumped in 28 points and was 7-for-12 from 3-point range in a MAC win over Eastern Michigan.
OTHER TOP 25 RESULTS
- Great game as No. 7 Maryland picked up an overtime Big Ten win over Northwestern. Melo Trimble struggled shooting from the perimeter but still had 18 points.
- Strong showing for No. 10 Texas A&M in a home SEC win over LSU. Jalen Jones had 20 points to lead the Aggies while freshman big man Tyler Davis had 18 points. In the loss, Ben Simmons had 10 points, 11 rebounds, five assists on 3-for-9 shooting.
- No. 13 Virginia slowed down a hot Clemson team with an ACC home win. Malcolm Brogdon had 20 points, four assists and three rebounds for the Cavaliers.
- It took overtime for No. 24 South Carolina to outlast Ole Miss on the road but its an important SEC win for the Gamecocks. They won despite Sindarius Thornwell going 1-for-15 from the field as Michael Carrera led with 19 points.
- No. 25 Indiana ran away from Illinois in the second half of a Big Ten home win as Troy Williams had 21 points. Yogi Ferrell set Indiana’s all-time career assist record as he finished with 16 points and nine rebounds.
- N.C. State finally picked up its first ACC win of the season over Pitt as Cat Barber had 31 points, eight assists and seven rebounds.
- Dorian Finney-Smith had 20 points and 13 rebounds as Florida beat Mississippi State in the SEC.
- UConn cruised past Tulane in the American as Shonn Miller had 18 points and seven rebounds.
- Tulsa earned an American win over East Carolina as James Woodard had 22 points and Pat Birt added 20 points.
- Dayton dealt with a furious second-half effort from St. Bonaventure in an Atlantic 10 road win. Charles Cooke had 21 points and Dyshawn Pierre had 20 points in the win for the Flyers.
- UNLV beat Utah State as Derrick Jones Jr. had 21 points and Stephen Zimmerman added 12 points and 16 rebounds.