GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 16 Iowa at No. 4 Michigan State, 7:00 p.m.
The Spartans are going to get their shot at revenge tonight. Back before the turn of the calendar, the Hawkeyes handed Michigan State their first and only loss of the season, a 13 point defeat at Iowa on a night where Denzel Valentine was on the sidelines. Tonight’s game will be in East Lansing with Tom Izzo’s club at full strength, meaning it will be much more difficult for the surprising Hawkeyes to land an upset win.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 20 Pitt at No. 21 Louisville, 9:00 p.m.
The two teams in the ACC that no one seems to be able to figure out are Pitt and Louisville, and guess what: they play each other tonight! The Panthers have just one loss on the season — a 13 point home defeat to a Purdue team that hasn’t proven to be all that good — while Louisville has lost three times on the road to Michigan State, Kentucky and the same Clemson team that just knocked off Duke as well.
As an aside, it’s still weird to me that this is a matchup between two ACC teams.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- UConn will pay a visit to Tulsa at 7:00 p.m. tonight in a game that will have some tournament implications in a league that is still working through their pecking order.
- No. 18 Arizona will play for the first time without Allonzo Trier tonight at 9:00 p.m. when they host Washington.
- BYU heads up to Spokane to take on No. 25 Gonzaga in a game between the two most talented teams in the WCC.
- You’re not the only one trying to figure out the Pac-12 pecking order. Oregon at Utah at 10:00 p.m. will help do just that.
- UAB will visit Old Dominion tonight at 7:00 p.m. in one of the better mid-major matchups of the week.