GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 12 Providence 50, Creighton 48
Kris Dunn lost a turnover and got scored on to tie the game when the Friars were clinging to a two-point lead on the road. He made it up for the mistakes with this ridiculous stepback jumper to beat the buzzer and lift Providence to a Big East win.
Michigan 70, No. 3 Maryland 67: Playing without senior guard Caris LeVert, the Wolverines picked up a huge home win. Read why this one was so important for Michigan’s season.
No. 11 West Virginia 74, No. 1 Kansas 63: The Mountaineers soundly outplayed Kansas for the home win as we’ll likely have a new No. 1 next week. I have more on why Kansas should be a bit concerned after this loss.
No. 13 Virginia 66, No. 8 Miami 58: After two road losses last week, the Cavaliers desperately needed to stop the bleeding and did so with a nice home win over Miami. CBT’s Rob Dauster has more on what this game means going forward for Virginia.
Texas 94, No. 17 Iowa State 91, OT: It continues to be difficult to win on the road in the Big 12 as the Cyclones fell in Austin. Isaiah Taylor had 28 points to lead the Longhorns while Georges Niang had 27 in a losing effort.
Bryant McIntosh, Northwestern: The sophomore went for 28 points and five assists and looked like the best player on the floor in the Wildcats’ Big Ten home win over Wisconsin.
Jalen Jones, Texas A&M: The Aggies had a tight SEC win over Florida as Jones carried the offensive burden with 26 points on 8-for-13 shooting.
Thomas Walkup, Stephen F. Austin: Stepping up for the Lumberjacks was the senior Player of the Year favorite in the Southland as Walkup scored 32 points on 11-for-13 shooting and added four assists and three rebounds in a win over Central Arkansas.
Melo Trimble, Maryland: The sophomore All-American candidate only had two points on 1-for-7 shooting with four turnovers in a Terrapin road loss to Michigan.
OTHER TOP 25 RESULTS
- Easy home Big East win for No. 7 Xavier over DePaul as Trevon Bluiett had 24 points, six rebounds and four assists.
- When Kentucky’s guards play like they did in a win over Mississippi State tonight, they’re tough to stop. The No. 14 Wildcats earned the home SEC win as Jamal Murray (22 points) and Tyler Ulis (21 points) both went 7-for-14 from the field and Isaiah Briscoe added 12 points.
- Staying in the SEC, No. 15 Texas A&M had 26 points from Jalen Jones and 22 from Danuel House in a home win over Florida.
- Five players finished in double-figures as Kansas State earned a Big 12 win over Texas Tech. Wesley Iwundu and Kamau Stokes both had 17 points to lead the Wildcats.
- Arkansas rolled over Missouri for an SEC win as Moses Kingsley had 24 points to lead the way.
- Vanderbilt earned a much-needed SEC win over Auburn as Wade Baldwin had 17 points.
- Nebraska didn’t have too many issues with Minnesota as Shavon Shields had 24 points and eight rebounds.
- George Washington picked up an Atlantic 10 road win over UMass as Tyler Cavanaugh had 21 points.
- Schoocie Smith had 18 points as Dayton was able to hold off Davidson. In the loss, Jack Gibbs had 31 points for the Wildcats.
- Tulane was a winner in the American over South Florida as Dylan Osetkowski had 19 points to lead the Green Wave.
- Southern Illinois outlasted Illinois State as Leo Vincent exploded for 24 points on 6-for-7 shooting from 3-point range.
- Utah State defeated Air Force in the Mountain West as Jalen Moore had 20 points.
- Evansville knocked off Drake as guard D.J. Balentine went for 24 points.