GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 7 Arizona at UCLA, 9:00 p.m.
On paper, this should probably be the best matchup of the year in the Pac-12, as UCLA is the most talented team in the conference and Arizona is the best team. The Bruins, however, are coming off of an 0-2 weekend visiting the Washington schools to kick off Pac-12 play and are staring 0-3 in the face with the Wildcats coming to town. The road has proven to be very unkind place out west this season, so a win for Arizona would be big in their pursuit of another conference regular season title.
SIX THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- Cincinnati will pay a visit to still undefeated No. 15 SMU at 7:00 p.m. The Mustangs will be playing their second game without Keith Frazier.
- Michigan, who appears to still be without Caris LeVert, will visit No. 20 Purdue at 7:00 p.m. Purdue’s front line is a problem, as is Michigan’s ability to defend big men.
- No. 16 Louisville travels to N.C. State at 7:00 p.m. The Wolfpack have not had the prettiest start to ACC play, losing at Virginia Tech over the weekend.
- Illinois will pay a visit to No. 5 Michigan State at 9:00 p.m. The Spartans likely won’t have Denzel Valentine back yet.
- Arizona State and USC are the two biggest x-factors in the Pac-12. They square off at 10:30 p.m. in California.
- St. Mary’s, who still has just the one loss this season, will play at LMU at 10:00 p.m.