GAME OF THE NIGHT: Cal at Oregon, 9:00 p.m.
In a relatively slow night in the college basketball world, Cal paying a visit to Eugene will qualify as the best game. The Bears are finally playing like the team so many people thought would have a chance to contend in the Pac-12 this season while Oregon has come back to earth a bit after being the trendy early-season pick to supplant Arizona atop the conference.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- There is some real upset potential for No. 14 Duke at Wake Forest tonight. The Demon Deacons always seem to pick people off at home and the Blue Devils will be shorthanded until they get Amile Jefferson back. The game tips at 7:00 p.m.
- Seton Hall has been one of the most surprising teams in the Big East this season, and they’ll visit No. 11 Villanova at 7:00 p.m.
- One of the most important games in the Missouri Valley race takes place in Wichita as Evansville, who has arguably the best 1-2 punch in the conference, plays at Wichita State at 8:00 p.m.
- Ohio State at Northwestern at 9:00 p.m. is the kind of game that will help shake out the middle of the Big Ten, which needs some shaking out.
- No. 24 Pitt has a great record but has yet to really prove themselves against anyone of note. The Panthers will take on Georgia Tech in Pittsburgh tonight at 7:00 p.m.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- Rutgers at No. 3 Maryland, 7:00 p.m.
- No. 10 Xavier at St. John’s, 9:00 p.m.
- Texas Tech at No. 13 Iowa State, 9:00 p.m.
- No. 21 Texas A&M at Mississippi State, 8:30 p.m.
- UMass at No. 25 Dayton, 8:00 p.m.
- Florida at Tennessee, 7:00 p.m.