GAME OF THE NIGHT: Oakland at No. 5 Virginia, 6:00 p.m.
A thrilling contrast of styles here. Oakland has one of the most entertaining players in the country to watch in 5-foot-9 point guard Kahlil Felder, who is the nation’s second-leading scorer and leader in assists. The Grizzlies gave then-undefeated Michigan State all they could handle last week in an overtime loss in the Palace at Auburn Hills. Virginia, on the other hand, plays that infamous grind-it-out style that Mark Titus and I are the only ones that love to watch.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- Clemson will play at No. 7 North Carolina tonight at 7:00 p.m. Here’s the crazy stat of the day for you: The Tigers are 0-57 at UNC. That’s a long losing streak.
- Big East play kicks off tonight with Seton Hall at Marquette, two of the league’s underrated teams.
- Arkansas at Dayton will feature Dyshawn Pierre for the first time this season.
- Michigan will kick off Big Ten play at Illinois in a battle between two of the nation’s most injured teams
- Northwestern, who is currently sitting at 12-1, will kick off their Big Ten season at Nebraska.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- Penn State at No. 4 Maryland, 5:00 p.m.
- Coppin State at No. 11 Iowa State, 8:00 p.m.
- Long Beach State at No. 15 Duke, 4:00 p.m.
- No. 19 West Virginia at Virginia Tech, 12:00 p.m.
- Francis Marion at No. 24 South Carolina, 7:00 p.m.
- Syracuse at Pitt, 9:00 p.m.
- Georgetown at DePaul, 9:00 p.m.
- Fresno State at UNLV, 10:00 p.m.