GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 17 SMU at Tulsa, 5:00 p.m.
SMU is one of just five undefeated teams left in the country, and I’ve said it over and over: I want them to go undefeated this season because I want as many people as possible to be embarrassed about the awful postseason ban they were given. Tulsa is a tough team, however, and, at worst, one of the top three teams in the AAC. They’ve already beaten Wichita State at home this season and have the guards to matchup with SMU’s.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- Wisconsin hosts No. 14 Purdue at 7:00 p.m., the Big Ten opener for both teams and the first league game that the Badgers will play post Bo Ryan.
- Wake Forest vists LSU at 7:00 p.m. tonight, which will double as Ben Simmons’ first real test with LSU at full strength.
- The No. 1 Michigan State Spartans kick off Big Ten play without Denzel Valentine with a visit to Iowa at 9:00 p.m.
- UConn plays at Texas at 9:00 p.m., which is a big game for two teams that could end up on the bubble and a reason for me to link this.
- Florida State at Florida tips at 7:00 p.m. It’s an in-state rivalry game that will have major tournament implications this season. Neither team is a lock to dance.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- UC Irvine at No. 2 Kansas, 9:00 p.m.
- Princeton at No. 13 Miami, 7:00 p.m.
- Cal Poly at No. 20 Texas A&M, 8:00 p.m.
- Temple at No. 22 Cincinnati, 3:00 p.m.
- Texas Southern at No. 23 Baylor, 3:00 p.m.
- Stephen F. Austin at UAB, 3:30 p.m.
- Northeastern at N.C. State, 7:00 p.m.