GAME OF THE DAY: Colorado vs. No. 18 SMU, 10:30 p.m.
By far the most interesting game of the day, as SMU will get their toughest challenge of the non-conference schedule when they face a Colorado team whose lone loss this season came against Iowa State. SMU is still undefeated this season, and I hope that they go undefeated all season long. What their program and the NCAA did to them — a postseason ban in late-September, the school refusing to appeal the decision — is flat out wrong, and I would love nothing more than the story in March being that the undefeated No. 1 team in the country won’t be allowed to play in the NCAA tournament.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- Wisconsin will be playing their first game with Greg Gard as their head coach when they host Green Bay at 9:00 p.m.
- Braggin’ rights. Illinois and Missouri may not be what they’ve been in past season, but the hatred is still there.
- No. 16 Louisville hosts Utah Valley at 7:00 p.m. in yet another game against a team we don’t care about. Louisville gets Kentucky on Saturday.
- No. 23 Baylor, who is coming off of a blowout loss to Texas A&M, will get New Mexico state at home.
- In the semifinals of the Diamond Head Classic, No. 3 Oklahoma faces off with Hawaii at 9:00 p.m.