GAME OF THE NIGHT: Louisiana at No. 22 UCLA
The Bruins are one of those teams that always seems to play up — or down — to the level of their opponent. They won at Gonzaga and beat Kentucky but lost to Monmouth and Wake Forest. The Ragin’ Cajuns may be mid-major in league affiliation, but they are capable of picking off an unsuspecting top 25 team. Shawn Long might be the best big man at the mid-major level.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
- Duke plays Georgia Southern tonight at 7:00 p.m., the first game that the Blue Devils will play without Amile Jefferson healthy.
- Can Monmouth and the World Famous Bench Mob pick up another win over a high-major opponent as they head to the Big Phone Booth to take on Georgetown?
- Oregon is as banged up as any team in the country nd they’ll be hosting Big West contender UC Irvine tonight. This is a game the Ducks could very easily lose.
- Louisiana Tech will give Ole Miss and SEC leading scorer Stefan Moody a test tonight in Oxford.
- No. 23 Cincinnati returns to action tonight against Norfolk State after getting worked over by intra-city rival Xavier over the weekend.
- Drexel at South Carolina, 7:00 p.m.
- Appalachian State at Texas, 8:00 p.m.
- VCU at Georgia Tech, 9:00 p.m.
- Longwood at Oklahoma State, 9:00 p.m.
- Texas A&M-CC at Wisconsin, 9:00 p.m.