GAME OF THE NIGHT: Wagner 65, Rider 64
The Seahawks moved to 5-2 on the season thanks to the heroics of senior Dwaun Anderson. You’re definitely going to want to see Anderson’s tip slam that won Wagner this game in the final seconds.
You can view Anderson’s dunk here.
No. 6 Maryland 76, UConn 66: In the second game of the Jimmy V Classic, Maryland held off a late charge from the Huskies as Melo Trimble had 25 points and Diamond Stone chipped in 16. The real story, however, was that Kevin Ollie got a ridiculous, stupid, game-ending technical foul. Watch it here.
No. 10 Virginia 70, No. 14 West Virginia 54: A big second-half effort from London Perrantes (13 points) helped the Cavaliers overcome a six-point halftime deficit. Anthony Gill had a big night for Virginia with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Jaysean Paige led West Virginia with 16 points.
We have plenty more on this one here.
No. 17 Miami 66, Florida 55: The Hurricanes used big nights from seniors as they led most of the game at home in a win over the Gators. Sheldon McClellan had a big tip dunk and an even bigger game with 24 points.
I have more on this one here.
No. 19 SMU 82, Michigan 58: Jordan Tolbert had a huge game to overcome the loss of Markus Kennedy as the Mustangs thoroughly outplayed the depleted Wolverines.
I have more on this game right here.
George Washington 76, Penn State 66: Not the most impressive non-conference win for the Colonials, but now they’re 8-1 with wins over Virginia, South Florida, Tennessee, Seton Hall and Penn State. Not exactly tough outside of Virginia, but not many schools have that many non-con wins over power conference teams.
South Dakota State 84, Minnesota 70: This completes a sweep for South Dakota schools in The Barn as the Jackrabbits never trailed in this blowout win. Jake Bittle had 25 points to pace South Dakota State, who improves to 8-1 on the season.
Rico Gathers, Baylor: The senior big man had only the seventh 30-point, 20-rebound game in Big 12 history as he finished with 31 points and 21 rebounds in a home win for No. 16 Baylor over Northwestern State.
DeAndre Bembry, Saint Joseph’s: Bembry had a big night in a win over Princeton as he went for 27 points, 10 rebounds, four steals and three assists.
Jaylen Adams, St. Bonaventure: Staying in the Atlantic 10, Adams had 28 points, seven assists and only one turnover in a win over Vermont.
Caris LeVert, Michigan: The senior started 0-for-11 from the field and finished 1-for-13 with five points and three assists in a blowout loss at SMU.
OTHER TOP 25 RESULTS:
- No. 12 Xavier raced past Wright State for a home win as sophomore Trevon Bluiett had 22 points and 11 rebounds.
- No. 20 Gonzaga held on for a win over Montana as Domantas Sabonis had 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- Syracuse hit 14 3-pointers in a big home win over Colgate. Michael Gbinije and Malachi Richardson each had 17 points.
- Ohio State has won two consecutive games as Marc Loving had 18 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Air Force.
- Arkansas had 23 points from Dusty Hannahs and 21 points from Anthlon Bell in a win over Evansville.
- Zach Auguste (23 points, 11 rebounds) and Demetrius Jackson (19 points, 10 assists) both earned double-doubles as Notre Dame beat Stony Brook.
- Marquette knocked off San Jose State as Sandy Cohen had 24 points and Henry Ellenson added 20 points and eight rebounds.
- Texas easily dispatched UT-San Antonio as Cameron Ridley had 19 points and nine rebounds.
- Rutgers beat Central Connecticut as freshman guard Corey Sanders had 18 points, six assists, five rebounds and four steals. Leading scorer Deshawn Freeman missed the game with a sore knee and head coach Eddie Jordan told reporters after the game that he’ll miss Saturday’s game against George Washington.
- Paul Jespersen had 19 points to lead Northern Iowa to a road win over George Mason.
- Rhode Island had 14 points from Hassan Martin in a win over Houston.
- Georgia got past Winthrop as Yante Maten had 24 points.
- A.J. Davis had 14 points as UCF held off UMass.
- Tulsa was led by 24 points from Shaquille Harrison as they beat Iona. A.J. English had 31 points in a losing effort for the Gaels.