GAME OF THE DAY: No. 16 Vanderbilt at No. 25 Baylor, 8:00 p.m.
It may be a football Sunday, but we’ll be treated tonight as the Commodores take on a physical Baylor squad in Waco. Vandy was a trendy team heading into the season, and while they’ve looked the part through the season’s first three weeks, it’s important to remember they really struggled in the second half against Kansas and got taken to overtime at home against Stony Brook. I like Baylor in this one mainly because I think that Rico Gathers’ strength will neutralize Damian Jones.
THIS ONE’S GOOD, TOO: Davidson at No. 9 North Carolina, 6:00 p.m.
Jack Gibbs has put up Stephen Curry-esque numbers through the season’s first four games, but he’ll be up against it as the Wildcats make their way into the Dean Dome tonight. One this to watch here will be how the Wildcats manage against UNC’s size inside. We know Davidson can shoot and score. Can they handle bigger front lines?
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- VCU at Florida State, 2:00 p.m.: This will be a nice early-season test for Will Wade’s VCU program.
- Colorado at Colorado State, 2:00 p.m.: An intense in-state rivalry is always worth your time.
- San Diego State at San Diego, 5:00 p.m.: As is an intra-city battle.
- Morgan State at No. 17 Cincinnati, 5:30 p.m.: The Bearcats should be able to run away with this as they look to get back on track after losing to Butler at home.
- Long Beach State at UCLA, 9:00 p.m.: UCLA smacked around No. 1 Kentucky on the same court they’ll be playing LBSU on. They also lost on it to Monmouth. Which UCLA shows up?