GAME OF THE DAY: Boise State at No. 12 Arizona, 8:30 p.m.
The last time that we heard from Sean Miller, he was taking a shot at UCLA’s fan base after his Wildcats beat up on Bradley in front of a packed house at the McKale Center. Tonight, the building will likely be sold out once again, as the Wildcats host a Boise State team that is considered to be a contender for the Mountain West title.
THIS ONE’S GOOD, TOO: Stony Brook at No. 17 Vanderbilt, 8:00 p.m.
Vanderbilt is a team that, on paper, looks like the second-best in the SEC, but the Seawolves are going to be a nice test. Stony Brook is one of the best mid-major teams in the country this season, including star center Jameel Warney. Warney will be matched up with Vandy’s star center, Damian Jones.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- Afternoon basketball!: The games kick off at 11:30 a.m. ET — that means 8:30 a.m. PT! — as Temple squares off with Minnesota in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off tournament. 30 minutes later, Ole Miss will be facing George Mason in the Charleston Classic. The games last all day.
- Creighton at No. 14 Indiana, 7:00 p.m.: Indiana’s new-look defense will get its biggest test of the season as they host Creighton in the Gavitt Games event.
- Miami vs. Mississippi State, 5:00 p.m.: Is Malik Newman healthy? If he is we’ll get a chance to see him square off with the Hurricanes.
- Iowa at Marquette, 9:00 p.m.: Another Gavitt Games battle. Marquette has lost to Belmont and been taken to overtime by IUPUI this season. This is a win they really need.
- Pepperdine at UCLA, 10:30 p.m.: UCLA lost to Monmouth at home and nearly lost to Cal Poly. Pepperdine may actually be the best of the bunch.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- No. 6 Virginia vs. Bradley, 9:30 p.m.
- No. 16 Utah vs. Texas Tech, 7:30 p.m.
- No. 22 Butler vs. Missouri State, 2:00 p.m.
- South Alabama at No. 23 LSU, 9:00 p.m.
- SMU at Stanford, 11:30 p.m.