If College Basketball Talk looks different to you today, it should.
Last week, NBC Sports Digital announced that NBCSports.com will be getting a re-design and as of this morning, it’s here.
The redesign itself is geared around the things that NBCSports.com and the Sports Talk sites do well: Easier access to live streaming video and shorter video clips, the most up-to-date player updates and injury news, and a sports specific scoreboard. More importantly, it will provide a consistent look and feel across NBCSports.com and the Sports Talk sites regardless of whether they’re being read from a cell phone, a tablet or a laptop. Best of all, there’s a drop-down menu (just below the scoreboard, to the right of where it says “College Basketball Talk”) that lets you sort news by team.
Here are the details on the changes being made:
- An adaptable, responsive layout for four different screen sizes (desktop, tablet portrait and landscape, and mobile devices) for an optimal experience for all devices.
- Articles feature infinite scrolling and a “story explorer” feature that allows users to quickly browse content.
- A scoreboard ticker with team- and sport-focused imagery, optimized across desktop and tablets.
- NBC Sports Live Extra will be prominently featured within the new site experience, which incorporates a site-wide live streaming schedule, direct links, and a TV listings component with fixed scrolling position.
- The most up-to-date player news including injury reports, transactions, and stats from Rotoworld, which will be accessible in a dedicated team/player news section and integrated throughout many sections across the site.
So don’t worry, if you came looking for College Basketball Talk, you found it.
It’s just better now.