Next Tuesday, Louisville will begin a six-day tour of Puerto Rico, playing nine games against the Puerto Rican Junior and National teams. The Cardinals have doubleheaders on three of those days (Aug. 11-12, 15).
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino, who is the coach of the Puerto Rican national team, will coach against his Cardinals, as the assistants will be in take over coaching responsibilities on the Louisville sideline.
Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal posted the full schedule on Tuesday afternoon:
- Tuesday, Aug. 11: Louisville vs. Junior team (5:30 p.m.) and National team (8 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Aug. 12: Louisville vs. Junior team (5:30 p.m.) and National team (8 p.m.)
- Thursday, Aug. 13: Louisville vs. PR Junior team (8 p.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 14: Louisville vs. National team (8 p.m.)
- Saturday, Aug. 15: Louisville vs. Junior team (5:30 p.m.) and National team (8 p.m.)
- Sunday, Aug. 16: Louisville vs. National team (7 p.m.)
All nine games are available for streaming at GoCards.com/puertorico for $9.95.
For Louisville, it is the second trip to Puerto Rico in less than a year. In November, Rick’s Cardinals opened the 2014-15 season with an 81-68 win over Richard Pitino’s Minnesota Golden Gopehers in the Armed Forces Classic held at the U.S.C.G. Air Station in Aguadilla.