Roy Williams says he has not yet seen UNC’s Notice of Allegations

5 Comments

North Carolina received their Notice of Allegations last month, which is the first step in a process that could end up seeing the Tar Heels banned from future NCAA tournaments and being forced by the NCAA to pull a national title banner down from their rafters.

It all depends on what the NCAA can prove in the UNC academic scandal.

It all depends on what is actually in that Notice of Allegations.

And, just like the rest of us, Roy Williams is still waiting to see them. From the AP:

North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams says he hasn’t seen what’s in the notice of allegations from the NCAA in connection with the school’s academic fraud scandal.

The school said May 22 it had received the notice of allegations and would release it publicly after redactions to comply with privacy laws. Williams says he believes the release will occur soon.

Williams spoke while at a charity event up in Michigan, so it’s very possible that he was simply trying to avoid an awkward conversation while trying to raise money to beat cancer.

North Carolina has until August 22nd left to respond to the allegations.