Player of the Day: Trey Freeman, Old Dominion
Freeman notched a triple-double — 14 points, 11 boards and 10 assists — to lead the No. 1 seed Monarchs to a 65-56 win over No. 8 Charleston Southern.
Team of the Day: No. 5 Arizona State
The Sun Devils jumped out to a big lead and hung out after a furious rally by No. 4 UConn to knock off the Huskies in Connecticut, 68-61. UConn was playing without star guard Ryan Boatright. Shaquille McKissic led the way with 22 points for Arizona State.
- No. 1 Temple 73, No. 8 Bucknell 67
- No. 1 Richmond 84, No. 8 St. Francis NY 74
- No. 4 Illinois State 69, No. 5 Green Bay 56
- No. 5 Vanderbilt 75, No. 4 St. Mary’s 64
- No. 8 South Dakota State 86, Colorado State 76
Player of the Day: D.J. Balentine, Evansville
Balentine, one of the nation’s best mid-major scorers, popped off for 35 points as the Purple Aces knocked off IPFW in the CIT, 82-77.
Team of the Day: Cleveland State
The Vikings blew out Western Michigan of the MAC on Wednesday night, 86-57. Charlie had 28 points and seven assists to lead the way, while Anton Grady chipped in with 21 points, 14 boards and six assists.
- High Point 70, Maryland-Eastern Shore 64
- Canisius 87, Dartmouth 72
- Texas A&M-CC 75, FGCU 69
- Kent State 68, Middle Tennessee 56
- Sam Houston 87, UNC Wilmington 71
- Northern Arizona 75, Grand Canyon 70
- Sacramento State 73, Portland 66
Player of the Day: Ike Nwamu, Mercer
Nwamu went for 25 points, including a game-winning jumper with two seconds left on the clock, as the Bears knocked off Stony Brook in the opening round of the CBI, 72-70.
Team of the Day: Oral Roberts
The Golden Eagles knocked off one of the nation’s mid-major darlings in UC Santa Barbara and big man Alan Williams, 91-87. Obi Emegano led the way with 30 points for ORU.
- Radford 78, Delaware State 57
- UL Monroe 71, Eastern Michigan 67
- Vermont 85, Hofstra 81
- Colorado 87, Gardner-Webb 78
- Seattle 62, Pepperdine 45