GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 23 West Virginia 62, No. 8 Kansas 61
Juwan Staten’s dramatic, driving layup with under 10 seconds left lifted the Mountaineers to a Big 12 home win. Staten had a game-high 20 points and freshman Jevon Carter added 13 points and three 3-pointers. Perry Ellis had 19 points and Frank Mason III added 18 points for the Jayhawks.
1. No. 2 Virginia 61, Pittsburgh 49
Virginia struggled offensively, but turned it on late with an 8-0 run to outlast Pitt for an ACC home win. Malcolm Brogdon had 18 points to lead the ‘Hoos while they only turned the ball over seven times. The Panthers rallied and made it close in the second half, as Jamel Artis had 20 points, but Virginia did a nice job of closing out an opponent in a close game.
2. No. 6 Villanova 80, Seton Hall 54
Villanova pummeled Seton Hall for a Big East win as Sterling Gibbs’ ugly forearm to the face of Ryan Arcidiacono late in the second half overshadowed a blowout win. Darrun Hilliard II finished with a game-high 18 points for the Wildcats while Dylan Ennis had 12 points.
3. No. 19 Butler 58, Creighton 56
Playing without starting forward Andrew Chrabascz, the Bulldogs pulled off a tough road win against Creighton as Kellen Dunham went for 19 points and Roosevelt Jones had 18 points, six rebounds and six assists.
1. Miami’s Tonye Jekiri
Playing 47 minutes in a two-overtime win over Boston College, Jekiri made four free throws in the final seconds of the second overtime and also had 12 points and 15 rebounds. Jekiri also had four blocks in the game.
2. Northwestern State’s Zeek Woodley
Woodley went for 36 points and went 12-for-16 from the field in a win over Central Arkansas. The sophomore guard was also 10-for-11 from the free-throw line.
1. Seton Hall’s Sterling Gibbs
Besides being ejected for his play on Arcidiacono, Gibbs was 4-for-15 from the field for 12 points and three turnovers.
- Georgia Tech picked up an ACC win over Clemson as Josh Heath had 14 points.
- Badou Diagne had 19 points, 11 rebounds and was 4-for-4 on 3-point attempts in a Coastal Carolina win over Radford.
- Lamar had 20 points from Marcus Evans and 18 points from Anthony Holliday in a win over Houston Baptist.
- Coppin State earned a win over Delaware State as Sterling Smith had a career-high 27 points and Arnold Fipp had 22 points.
- Monmouth picked up a MAAC win over Marist as Justin Robinson had 20 points.
- Adrian Rodgers had 20 points to lead Southern past Miss Valley State in the SWAC.
- East Tennessee State won against Tennessee Tech as Jalen Riley went for 31 points and five assists.
- Sam Houston State kept its lead safe in the Southland with a win over Abilene Christian as Aurimas Majauskas went for 18 points.
- Alcorn State and Arkansas Pine Bluff was postponed due to inclement weather. The game will be played on Tuesday.
- Maryland Eastern Shore took down Howard in the MEAC as Devin Martin had 23 points and Mike Myers had 22 points.
- Bethune Cookman defeated North Carolina A&T as Brandon Stewart had 20 points to lead five in double figures.