Game of the Night: Stanford at No. 11 Utah, 9:00 p.m.
Stanford has had a bit of an up and down season, putting together some impressive wins for go alongside headscratching losses to the likes of Washington State and DePaul. As of now, the Cardinal look like the second best team in the Pac-12, but they are not yet a lock to make the NCAA tournament. A win at Utah probably wouldn’t do that, but it would put them in a position where they’d have to have a pretty significant collapse if they’re not going to dance. There’s a lot on the line tonight for Johnny Dawkins’ club. Should I mention that Chasson Randle vs. Delon Wright might be a showdown for Pac-12 Player of the Year?
Five Things to Watch For
1. Ole Miss at Florida, 7:00 p.m.: Florida looks like they’re a lock to make the NIT at this point, but Ole Miss still have tournament hopes. A win in the O-Dome will help regardless of how good the Gators are.
2. Michigan at Illinois, 9:00 p.m.: Michigan is probably out of the running for an NCAA tournament bid at this point, but Illinois still has a shot to dance.
3. Saint Mary’s at BYU, 9:00 p.m.: If the WCC is going to get a second at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, it will likely have to be St. Mary’s and they’ll likely have to win this game to get there.
4. Tulsa at UConn, 7:00 p.m.: The Golden Hurricane have had a terrific start to league play, but now is when their schedule starts to get tougher. They hold a one game lead in league play, but a trip to UConn is not easy.
5. Games with bubble implications:
- Purdue at Rutgers, 7:00 p.m.
- Minnesota at Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
- Ole Miss at Florida, 7:00 p.m.
- Old Dominion at UT San Antonio, 8:00 p.m.
- Saint Mary’s at BYU, 9:00 p.m.
- No. 25 SMU at Houston, 9:00 p.m.
- Michigan at Illinois, 9:00 p.m.