Game of the Night: No. 6 Villanova at Providence, 8:00 p.m.
The two best teams in the Big East squaring off? The Friars have been quite impressive this season, as Kris Dunn has put up All-American caliber numbers alongside the man they call ‘Buckets’, LaDontae Henton. But the Wildcats are a good, veteran team that doesn’t get bothered by playing on the road. The Friars should feel good about their position when it comes to an NCAA tournament berth right now, but a great way to make people forget about a loss to Brown is by knocking off the No. 6 team in the country.
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 2 Virginia at N.C. State, 8:00 p.m.
Virginia will be playing their first game without Justin Anderson tonight, and they’ll be playing in an arena where Duke has lost, North Carolina almost lost and Notre Dame was pushed to overtime. The Wolfpack have struggled this season, but they’re a tough out at home.
Five Things to Watch For
1. Indiana at No. 13 Maryland, 9:00 p.m.: This is an important game for a Maryland team that has been in a been of a slide of late. Indiana, however, has yet to prove that they can win on the road.
2. Wyoming at San Diego State, 11:00 p.m.: Two of the teams tied for first in the Mountain West square off in Viejas Arena tonight.
3. Penn State at No. 23 Ohio State, 7:00 p.m.: D’Angelo Russell is playing, which means that you should be watching.
4. Pitt at No. 9 Louisville, 8:00 p.m.: A battle between old Big East foes! When will someone other than Louisville’s Big Four score again?
5. Boise State at Air Force, 9:00 p.m.: There may not be a better player in the Mountain West right now than Derrick Marks and there may not be a hotter team in the country than Boise State. Can they win their eighth in a row at Air Force tonight?
The Rest of the Top 25
- Illinois State at No. 13 Northern Iowa, 8:00 p.m.
- Indiana State at No. 15 Wichita State, 8:00 p.m.
- La Salle at No. 20 VCU, 7:00 p.m.
- Kansas State at No. 21 West Virginia, 7:00 p.m.
- Syracuse at Boston College, 7:00 p.m.
- George Washington at Duquesne, 7:00 p.m.
- TCU at Texas, 8:00 p.m.