GAME OF THE DAY: No. 17 Maryland at Iowa, 3:15 p.m.
Can Maryland improve on the road when they travel to Iowa? The Terps have been one of the surprises of the 2014-15 season, but games away from home have tripped them up lately as Maryland has lost two consecutive games on the road. Freshman guard Melo Trimble has also gone cold, having not made a field goal his last two outings and only scoring seven total points. Iowa, meanwhile, could really use a solid home win after not capitalizing on having Wisconsin in their building last weekend. The Hawkeyes were more banged up then senior forward Aaron White should be able to play better after sustaining a shoulder stinger a few weeks back.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1. A solid Atlantic 10 game will be played Sunday on NBCSN at 2:30 p.m. as Rhode Island travels to Richmond. The Rams have been one of the A-10’s best teams while Richmond has been very up-and-down. The Spiders knocked off VCU last weekend but then lost to La Salle during the week.
2. This college hoops Sunday begins with Indiana traveling to Michigan to face the depleted Wolverines. The Hoosiers aren’t exactly healthy either and could be missing James Blackmon Jr. while Michigan is very inexperienced without starting point guard Derrick Walton Jr. in the lineup.
3. Fun one in the Mountain West as San Diego State travels to Boise State. The Aztecs look like they’re making another run at a potential conference title while Derrick Marks is one of the most confident scorers in the country right now.
4. Three Pac-12 games go down on Sunday with the best game being Washington at Oregon State. Washington State also travels to Oregon and USC battles Stanford.
5. The only other ranked team in action in No. 20 Ohio State as they take on Rutgers. Sophomore forward Marc Loving is still suspended for the Buckeyes, but the Scarlet Knights are in a tailspin and lost seven straight games.
OTHER GAMES TO WATCH
- Manhattan at Rider, 2:00 p.m.
- Oakland at Valparaiso, 3:00 p.m.
- La Salle at UMass, 4:00 p.m.
- Clemson at Miami (FL), 6:30 p.m.