Game of the Night: Providence at No. 24 Georgetown, 9:00 p.m.
The top four teams in the Big East have set themselves apart as we hit the midway point of conference season, and both the Friars and the Hoyas can count themselves in that group. Both teams sit a game back of Villanova in the loss column. Providence is coming off of a loss to St. John’s over the weekend, while Georgetown bounced back from their loss to Xavier at home by pounding Creighton on Saturday. Kris Dunn and D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera are two of the nation’s best back court players.
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 20 Ohio State at Purdue, 6:30 p.m.
Purdue has been one of the most surprising teams in the Big Ten this season, as Matt Painter has this group sitting at 6-3 at the midway point of league play. Ohio State has the nation’s most entertaining player in D’Angelo Russell, but the Buckeyes have yet to prove that they can beat good teams on the road. It will be interesting to see how Ohio State’s small-ball lineup will matchup with the big bodies that the Boilermakers have inside.
Five Things to Watch For
1. Georgia Tech at No. 4 Duke, 7:00 p.m.: Duke will return to the court after their thrilling, come-from-behind win over Virginia on Saturday.
2. Oklahoma State at No. 25 Texas, 8:00 p.m.: Texas is in a danger-zone right now, as opponents have seemingly figured out a way to beat the Longhorns. Oklahoma State is in a position where they need to solidify their NCAA tournament resume. Both teams really need this win badly.
3. Colorado State at Wyoming, 9:00 p.m.: San Diego State looks like the favorite to win the MWC again this season, but both the Cowboys and the Rams have the pieces to make a run at a title. The Pokes won the first meeting at Colorado State last month.
4. Texas A&M at Ole Miss, 7:00 p.m.: The Aggies are the hottest team in the SEC, having won six straight games. This will be a nice test for them.
5. No. 18 VCU at George Mason, 7:00 p.m.: VCU’s first game since Briante Weber blew out his knee over the weekend.
The Rest of the Top 25
- Marquette at No. 7 Villanova, 7:00 p.m.
- Boston College at No. 10 Notre Dame, 7:00 p.m.
- No. 16 Wichita State at Bradley, 8:00 p.m.
- Penn State at No. 17 Maryland, 8:30 p.m.
- TCU at No. 19 Baylor, 8:00 p.m.
- Kansas State at Texas Tech, 9:00 p.m.
- Creighton at Xavier, 9:00 p.m.
- San Diego State at Nevada, 10:00 p.m.