Now that the Super Bowl is in the past and football is in our rearview mirrors, let’s get you caught up to speed on the college basketball season.
Here are the 15 best games left in the regular season:
1. No. 4 Duke at No. 12 North Carolina, Mar. 6th: College basketball doesn’t get much better than when the Dukies and the Tar Heels square off in their final game of the regular season. It will be interesting to see just how much is on the line this year. Worth noting: this will be the second game between the two, as they square off at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Feb. 18th.
2. No. 6 Arizona at No. 13 Utah, Feb. 28th: Utah’s loss at UCLA took a bit of luster off of this matchup, but it still stands to reason that the Pac-12 regular season title will be decided on this Saturday in the Huntsman Center.
3. No. 10 Notre Dame at No. 4 Duke, Feb. 7th: The last time these two teams got together, Notre Dame came from 10 down in the final eight minutes to knock off Duke. Don’t think Jahlil Okafor has forgotten that.
4. No. 5 Wisconsin at No. 20 Ohio State, Mar. 4th: The Buckeyes and their star D’Angelo Russell will get their one shot at knocking off the Big Ten’s resident power.
5. No. 9 Louisville at No. 3 Virginia, Feb. 7th: The first of two battles between the Cards and the Cavs, a matchup that may not produce a ton of point but will showcase two completely different defensive styles. Virginia will make a return trip to Louisville on Mar. 6th.
6. No. 21 Oklahoma at No. 11 Iowa State, Mar. 2nd: Last night’s battle between Iowa State and Kansas put the Jayhawks into the driver’s seat for the Big 12 title, but there may not be two more entertaining teams to watch in the conference. They also play in Norman on Feb. 9th.
7. No. 1 Kentucky at Florida, Feb. 7th: Kentucky’s trip to Florida may be the best chance for any SEC team to pick off the Wildcats this season. These two teams close the regular season at Rupp Arena on Mar. 6th as well.
8. No. 24 Georgetown at No. 7 Villanova, Feb. 7th: The Hoyas will make the return trip to Philly after roasting Villanova by 20 in D.C. in January.
9. No. 2 Gonzaga at Saint Mary’s, Feb. 21st: If Gonzaga is going to lose before the NCAA tournament, this is where it’s going to happen.
10. No. 14 Northern Iowa at No. 16 Wichita State, Feb. 28th: I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that this game will decide the Missouri Valley Conference champion. UNI beat Wichita State on Saturday.
11. No. 5 Wisconsin at No. 17 Maryland, Feb. 24th: The Badgers will make their first visit to College Park as Big Ten rivals.
12. No. 10 Notre Dame at No. 9 Louisville, Mar. 4th: To get an idea of just how loaded the ACC is this season, a matchup between two top ten teams isn’t even one of the four best games left on the league schedule.
13. No. 19 Baylor at No. 8 Kansas, Feb. 14th: We’ll know if the Bears are ‘for real’ if they can take down the Jayhawks in the Phog.
14. No. 7 Villanova at Providence, Feb. 11th: The Friars are good enough to pick off the Wildcats at home.
15. No. 18 VCU at George Washington, Feb. 14th: GW is the second-best team left in the Atlantic 10, and with VCU losing Briante Weber, the conference title may be on the line in Foggy Bottom on Valentine’s Day.
Five More To DVR
- No. 15 West Virginia at No. 21 Oklahoma, Feb. 3rd
- No. 15 West Virginia at No. 11 Iowa State, Feb. 14th
- No. 7 Villanova at No. 22 Butler, Feb. 14th
- No. 15 West Virginia at No. 8 Kansas, Mar. 3rd
- No. 8 Kansas at No. 21 Oklahoma, Mar. 6th