Game of the Night: No. 16 Maryland at Ohio State, 7:00 p.m.
The Terps will head to Columbus to take on the Buckeyes in what will end up being a quite intriguing matchup of freshman lead guards. D’angelo Russell has been playing as well as anyone in the country over the course of the last two weeks, almost single-handily leading the Buckeyes into a position where they could end up being a top four team in the Big Ten. Melo Trimble hasn’t been quite that good, but he’s been the best player for a surprising Maryland team.
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 11 Utah at UCLA, 9:00 p.m.
UCLA has talent this season, enough that they should not be near as bad as they have been during conference play. An at-large bid to the NCAA tournament is a longshot still, but if it is going to happen, this is almost a must-win game.
Five Things to Watch For:
1. Western Kentucky at Louisiana Tech, 7:00 p.m.: The two best teams in what could be a multi-bid Conference USA square off in a game that should be quite entertaining.
2. Cincinnati at UConn, 8:00 p.m.: Tulsa is currently in first place in the American, but both Cincinnati and UConn have a chance to earn an at-large bid this season. This game will be relevant come bubble time.
3. Portland at No. 3 Gonzaga, 9:00 p.m.: The Zags have rolled through the WCC so far this season, especially at home.
4. No. 1 Kentucky at Missouri, 9:00 p.m.: Kentucky hits the road tonight, taking on a Missouri team that they beat by 49 earlier this month.
5. Michigan State at Rutgers, 6:00 p.m.: This game was postponed due to the storm on the east coast. Rutgers upset Wisconsin at home earlier this season.