I was planning on tweeting out links on Monday to some of the craziest endings from college hoops this weekend, and I came to a realization: This weekend was absolutely manic when it comes to fantastic, heart-stopping finishes.
So in the interest of each and every one of your twitter feeds — who says I don’t care about you guys? — I’m going to link them all right here, in order of ridiculousness:
1. TCU-West Virginia: When you combine the last ten seconds of regulation and the last ten seconds of overtime, there were four baskets that led to lead changes, two no-calls that cost a team a win and two free throws with 0.9 seconds left that decided the game. The insanity cannot be accurately described with words. All the video is right here.
2. Central Connecticut-Wagner: Wagner hit a desperation three to tie the game with 1.0 seconds left. CCSU went the length of the court to win it with what may be the buzzer-beater of the year.
3. Ohio-Buffalo: CCSU went the length of the court for a game-winning three. Ohio did it for a game-winning dunk!
4. Maryland-Northwestern: The Terps erased a 10 point deficit in the final four seconds with this crazy sequence at the end of regulation, capped by Dez Wells hitting a ridiculous, falling-down tip-in.
5. New Mexico-Wyoming: After Hugh Greenwood fouled a three-point shooter with 10 seconds left, allowing the Pokes to force overtime, he turned the ball over up by one in the final seconds, allowing Larry Nance Jr. to win the game with this dunk.
6. Marquette-Georgetown: Matt Carlino forced overtime in a wild game by hitting this jumper at the end of regulation. His toe was on the three-point line. Otherwise, it would have beaten the Hoyas.
7. Memphis-Tulane: Austin Nichols hits a game-winner, which leads Memphis coach Josh Pastner to ‘hit the whip‘, which is a dance that I don’t think he actually knows how to do.
8. Northern Iowa-Illinois State: The Panthers kept pace with Wichita State thanks to this three with 5.2 seconds left, which capped a frenetic comeback in the final minutes.
9. Clemson-Wake Forest: The Tigers won on this tip-in from Josh Smith.