1. Kentucky (19-0, LW: No. 1): The Wildcats keep on rolling, getting a tougher-than-expected test at home against Vanderbilt before holding South Carolina, a place they’ve lost twice this decade, to just 43 points on Saturday.
2. Virginia (19-0, LW: No. 2): The Cavaliers got a bit of a scare this weekend as Virginia Tech had them down seven in the final minutes, but the ‘Hoos were able to come back and win. On the week, they gave up just 75 points. In two games.
3. Gonzaga (20-1, LW: No. 3): The Zags made a statement with their win over Saint Mary’s on Thursday night. It will be interesting to see where, if anywhere, Gonzaga slips up in WCC play.
4. Wisconsin (18-2, LW: No. 4): Wisconsin looked unbelievable in their evisceration of Iowa at home on Tuesday night. They followed that up by struggling to put away an under-manned Michigan team on Saturday night on Gameday. Explain that one.
5. Arizona (18-2, LW: No. 6): The emergence of Stanley Johnson has been enormous over the last two weeks. We’ll get to that in our Weekly Awards.
6. Duke (17-2, LW: No. 7): The Blue Devils earned Coach K his 1,000th win on Sunday, going into NYC and knocking off St. John’s. This week, they’ll play at Notre Dame and at Virginia. We’ll know all we need to know about Duke after those two games.
7. Kansas (16-3, LW: No. 10): Kansas made a statement this week, winning despite blowing a 19-point lead against Oklahoma and following that up by going into Texas and beating down the Longhorns. The Jayhawks are all alone in first place in the Big 12.
8. Villanova (18-2, LW: No. 5): Villanova got smoked by Georgetown at Georgetown, which is something that will happen from time to time in league play.
9. Utah (16-3, LW: No. 9): The Utes earned a pair of wins over the Washington schools this week, bouncing back from their poor showing at Arizona earlier this month.
10. Notre Dame (19-2, LW: No. 11): The Irish crack the top ten for the first time this season after coming from behind to win at N.C. State. We’ll find out if they deserve that ranking when they host Duke on Wednesday.
11. Louisville (16-3, LW: No. 12)
12. North Carolina (16-4, LW: No. 14)
13. Maryland (18-3, LW: No. 13)
14. Iowa State (14-4, LW: No. 8)
15. Wichita State (18-2, LW: No. 16)
16. VCU (16-3, LW: No. 17)
17. West Virginia (16-3, LW: No. 19)
18. Indiana (15-5, LW: No. 23)
19. Baylor (15-4, LW: No. 22)
20. Northern Iowa (18-2, LW: No. 21)
21. Oklahoma (12-7, LW: No. 15)
22. Texas (14-5, LW: No. 18)
23. Georgetown (14-5, LW: UR)
24. Ohio State (16-5, LW: UR)
25. Miami (14-5, LW: UR)
Dropped Out: No. 20 Seton Hall, No. 24 Iowa, No. 25 Oklahoma State