1. Monmouth 55, Rider 54
Two of the top teams in the MAAC played on Monday night and it was the Hawks coming away with an important road win. Monmouth’s win over Rider snapped a nine-game losing streak the Hawks had against their conference rival. Guard Justin Robinson led Monmouth with 16 points and Deon Jones added 13 points in the win.
2. Coastal Carolina 70, Campbell 67
Nice road comeback win for the Chanticleers as they were down by six at halftime but rallied to stay unbeaten in the Big South. Shivaughn Wiggins had 22 points, five rebounds and three assists to lead the charge as Coastal Carolina shot 53 percent (24-for-45) from the field while holding the Camels to 36 percent (24-for-66) shooting from the field.
3. North Carolina Central 58, Savannah State 40
The Eagles maintained their 29-game home winning streak and tie for first in the MEAC with a dominating home win. Guard Nimrod Hilliard led North Carolina Central with 17 points, four rebounds and three assists.
1. Lamar’s Anthony Holliday
The senior guard had 25 points and eight assists and made the game-winning layup with 5 seconds left to lead the Cardinals to a big Southland road win over Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
2. Incarnate Word’s trio of Denzel Livington, Kyle Hittle and Jontrell Walker
Each member of this trio had 20-plus points for the Cardinals as Livington, in particular, starred with 25 points and six assists on 9-for-11 shooting. Hittle had 22 points and 11 rebounds on the night while Walker added 20 points and
3. Maryland Eastern-Shore’s Devin Martin
The junior guard got going on Monday night as he went for 26 points on 10-for-16 shooting and added six rebounds in a win over Morgan St.
1. Bethune-Cookman’s Brandon Stewart
The sophomore guard is going through a slump in the beginning of MEAC play as he went 1-for-13 from the field in a loss to Norfolk State. Stewart had only two points on the night and is now 2-for-22 in his last two games.
2. UT Pan American’s Janari Joesaar
The leading scorer for the Broncs came in averaging 19.4 points per game but only finished with nine points on 3-for-12 shooting in a home loss to UTSA. Joesaar was also only 2-for-8 from 3-point range and had six turnovers on the night.
- Brown had an easy win over a non-Division I opponent in Lyndon State, but forward Leland King had 19 points, 16 rebounds and six assists in only 20 minutes of action.
- Norfolk State earned an easy road win over Bethune-Cookman in the MEAC as junior D’Shon Taylor had 25 points and three rebounds. Taylor also made five 3-pointers on the night. The Spartans are also 4-0 in the MEAC.
- Hampton also moved to 4-0 in the MEAC as guard Quinton Chievous had 18 points on 7-for-11 shooting.
- Jabari Peters had 21 points and five rebounds to lead Sam Houston State to a road win at SE Louisiana.
- Delaware State raced past Howard as freshman Todd Hughes came off the bench to score a career-high 25 points.
- South Carolina State held off North Carolina A&T for a two-point win as guard Greg Mortimer had 10 points.
- Leantwan Luckett had 21 points to help lead Alcorn State over Grambling State.