GAME OF THE DAY: Harvard at No. 6 Virginia, 12 p.m. (ESPNU)
The meeting between the Crimson and Cavaliers is the best game on Sunday, although, it may be the slowest. Virginia has built its success around defense, holding teams to under 50 points in four games this season. Harvard is also a difficult team to score against. The Crimson have won six straight since a neutral site loss to Holy Cross.
WHO IS GETTING UPSET? No. 17 Maryland at Oklahoma State, 2 p.m. (ESPNU)
Despite injuries to two different starters, Maryland has found itself at 10-1. However, the Terrapins could feel the effects of the Dez Well’s absence in Stillwater on Sunday against a solid Oklahoma State team.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Outside of the top 25, the best game on Sunday could be Seton Hall at Georgia. Both teams are looking to get back into the NCAA tournament this season, and the Pirates are off to a good start with an 8-1 record, the lone loss coming at Wichita State. Georgia will have to slow down Seton Hall’s perimeter attack of Sterling Gibbs and Isaiah Whitehead, but the Bulldogs have Kenny Gaines back in the lineup.
2) UTEP gets back in action on Sunday, two days after narrowly upsetting No. 3 Arizona at home. The Miners host Alcorn State
3) North Dakota State and Kent State also play in El Paso today, part of the Sun Bowl Invitational.
4) Quinnipiac is leading the nation in rebounds per game, thanks in large part to senior forward Ousmane Drame. The 6-foot-9 Drame is averaging 15.2 points and 10.8 boards, recording seven double-doubles in nine games for the Bobcats, who are in action on Sunday against Oregon State.
5) South Point Holiday Hoops Classic takes place in Las Vegas with Arkansas Little Rock taking on Green Bay a 2 p.m., followed by UC Irvine and Bradley at 4:30 p.m.
- No. 6 Virginia vs. Harvard, 12 p.m. (ESPNU)
- No. 17 Maryland at Oklahoma State, 2 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Creighton vs. North Texas, 2 p.m.
- Southern Miss vs. Georgia State, 2 p.m.
- USC vs. Boston College, 4 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Appalachian State vs. Alabama, 6:30 p.m. (SEC Network)