Game of the Night: Belmont at VCU, 8:00 p.m.
VCU has not been all that impressive this season, but that doesn’t change the fact that their home court is as good as any home court in the country. The Bruins have lost a couple of games this season already, and taking on the Rams and their ‘Havoc’ pressure will be a good test for them.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Night: Eastern Washington at Sam Houston State, 7:30 p.m.
Eastern Washington just gave Washington all that they could handle in Seattle. And Sam Houston State nearly knocked off LSU at LSU. I wouldn’t be surprised if both of these teams made the NCAA tournament this season.
Who’s Getting Upset?: Oral Roberts at No. 15 Oklahoma, 7:00 p.m.
The Golden Eagles are one of the better mid-major teams in the country and they actually matchup pretty well with Oklahoma. This is one of those trap games that power conference teams can run into as they play out the non-conference portion of their schedule.
Five Things to Watch For:
1. Alabama at No. 11 Wichita State, 9:00 p.m.: The Shockers check another Power 5 team off their list as they host the Crimson Tide.
2. No. 24 North Carolina at UNC-Greensboro, 7:00 p.m.: North Carolina has struggled his season, and they’ll head on the road to take on Greensboro tonight.
3. Lipscomb at No. 9 Texas, 9:00 p.m.: The last time Texas took the court, they gave up 27 points. Good luck, Lipscomb.
4. Oakland at No. 3 Arizona, 9:00 p.m.: Oakland can run the floor and fire up threes with the best of them, but the McKale Center is where offense goes to die.
5. Arizona State at Marquette, 9:00 p.m.: Arizona State and Marquette both add key additions tonight, Savon Goodman and Luke Fischer.