Game of the Night: San Diego at UC Santa Barbara, 8:00 p.m.
That’s when you know that it’s a slow night, when the best game that you can find is a between a pair of mid-major teams, neither of whom is expected to win their conference this season. The Toreros and the Gauchos, besides having two of the best nicknames in college basketball, also have two of the best mid-major players. Johnny Dee can flat out score for USD, but Alan Williams may actually be the most productive player in college basketball.
Five Things to Watch For:
1. DePaul at George Washington, 7:00 p.m.: GW is entering one of the most important stretches of their season.
2. Maine at Boston College, 7:00 p.m.: BC looked pretty good when they beat Providence a few weeks back.
3. Wright State at Belmont, 8:00 p.m.: Both programs should finish in the top half of their league.
4. Elon at Missouri, 8:00 p.m.: Given the way that Missouri has played this season, Elon may be the favorite.
5. Eastern Washington at San Francisco, 10:00 p.m.: Remember the name Venky Jois. It’s hard to forget.