Game of the night: No. 18 Oklahoma at Creighton, 8:00 p.m. (FS1)
With Tashawn Thomas in the mix, it’s hard not to like the Sooners as a potential Big 12 title team and someone that can make a run to the Final Four. And while Creighton is not the same team that they were last season, we’re still talking about a Big East program. Road games are never easy to play, and Creighton routinely packs in 17,000 fans.
Who’s on upset alert?: Green Bay at No. 3 Wisconsin, 9:00 p.m. (Big Ten)
Before you Badger fans get angry at me, keep this in mind: I think Wisconsin is the best team in the country not named Kentucky or Arizona. And given some of the Arizona’s early “struggles” this year, Bo Ryan’s boys may actually be better than them at this time. This? This isn’t me commenting on how good the Badgers are. It’s me letting you know that the Phoenix are legit. They bring back four starters from a team that rolled through the Horizon last season, including superstar guard Keifer Sykes. Whether or not they can slow down Wisconsin’s big three big men is the question.
Mid-major matchup of the night: Ohio at Florida-Gulf Coast, 7:00 p.m.
The Bobcats are one of the best teams in the MAC this season, while Florida-Gulf Coast is, once again, Florida-Gulf Coast. Their back court of Bernard Thompson and Brett Comer is good enough to give anyone trouble.
Five things to watch for:
- 1. Morehead State at Cincinnati, 7:00 p.m.: Morehead State plays aggressive full court pressure and is one of the better mid-majors in the country. Cincinnati is rebuilding. This will be a nice test.
- 2. Oral Roberts at Missouri, 8:00 p.m.: The Golden Eagles already own a win over Tulsa this season, and Missouri has already lost to UMKC.
- 3. St. Joseph’s at No. 13 Gonzaga, 11:00 p.m. (ESPN U): Will there be a let down for Gonzaga after their beatdown of SMU?
- 4. LIU-Brooklyn at St. John’s, 7:30 p.m.: The Johnnies struggled against a Division II team earlier this week.
- 5. Coppin State at Notre Dame, 7:00 p.m.: Jerian Grant is the best player in the country that no one talks about.
- 5a. UC Irvine at No. 2 Arizona: Our Raphielle Johnson will be covering this game.