On Monday afternoon, ESPN released its schedule for its Tip-Off Marathon, more than 24 consecutive hours of college basketball to kick off the 2014-2015 season.
This field of games is headlined by the State Farm Champions Classic in Indianapolis. The doubleheader begins with Michigan State taking on Duke followed by a top-5 matchup between Kansas and Kentucky.
The marathon begins with Miami and Florida meeting for their first regular season matchup since 2005. It’s part of a home-and-home series between the two schools. Later that night is a big non-conference battle between SMU and Gonzaga. This would have been a game between two top-15 teams if Emmanuel Mudiay had enrolled at SMU.
Wichita State, which hasn’t lost a regular season game since March 2013, takes on Memphis in a game played in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. That is followed by a very good early evening game between Utah and San Diego State at 4 p.m.
Baylor vs. Kentucky and Stanford vs. the two-time reigning national champion UConn headline the pair of women’s basketball games.
Here is the entire list of games:
Monday, Nov. 17
- Baylor vs. Kentucky (women), 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Miami at Florida, 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
- UConn vs. Stanford (women), 9 p.m. (ESPN2)
- SMU vs. Gonzaga, 11 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Detroit vs. Oregon (ESPNU) — Part of Legends Classic
Tuesday, Nov. 18
- Auburn vs. Colorado, 1 a.m. (ESPN2)
- New Mexico State vs. St. Mary’s, 3 a.m. (ESPN2)
- High Point vs. Hawaii, 5 a.m. (ESPN2)
- Iona vs. Wofford, 7 a.m. (ESPN2)
- Northern Iowa vs. Stephen F. Austin (ESPN2)
- Manhattan vs. UMass, 11 a.m. (ESPN2)
- Baylor vs. South Carolina, noon (ESPN)
- Wichita State vs. Memphis, 2 p.m. (ESPN) — Game played in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Utah vs. San Diego State, 4 p.m. (ESPN)
- Toledo vs. VCU, 6 p.m. (ESPNU) — Part of Legends Classic
- Michigan State vs. Duke, 7 p.m. (ESPN) — Champions Classic played in Indianapolis
- Marquette vs. Ohio State, 7:30 (ESPN2)
- Kansas vs. Kentucky, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN) — Champions Classic played in Indianapolis
- Texas Tech vs. LSU, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN2)