GAME OF THE DAY: No. 22 Michigan State vs. Ohio State, 4:30 p.m. (CBS)
The Spartans were the top-ranked team in the nation for several weeks earlier this season. Michigan State is now toward the bottom of the top-25 with a rivalry game against Ohio State rounding out its regular season on Sunday. Can Sparty prove its recent slide was just a hiccup in what could be another deep tournament run for Tom Izzo.
It won’t be easy though. Michigan State had to hold off Ohio State in overtime, after blowing a double-digit lead, back on Jan. 7. The Buckeyes have lost back-to-back Big Ten games. A win here could potentially bump Ohio State into a tie for fourth place with Nebraska in the conference standings, depending on how the Cornhuskers fare with No. 9 Wisconsin on Sunday.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET? No. 7 Syracuse vs. Florida State, 2 p.m. (ESPN3)
Previous No. 1 Syracuse has lost four of five games. The Orange are averaging 68.1 points per game this season, but in their last nine games they are under that total. To make matters worse, Cuse faces a tough Florida State defense on the road on Sunday afternoon. The Seminoles are fighting to get on the right side of the bubble with a week before Selection Sunday.
MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE DAY: No. 2 Wichita State vs. Indiana State, 2:05 p.m. (CBS)
The Shockers are looking to continue their pursuit of perfection, entering the NCAA tournament with a 34-0 record if they can get past Indiana State in the Missouri Valley Conference championship game.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1) The Colonial Athletic Association semifinals are on NBC Sports Network:
- Northeastern vs. Delaware, 2:30 p.m.
- William & Mary vs. Towson, 5 p.m.
2) Winthrop and Coastal Carolina battle for a bid to the NCAA tournament in the Big South final at noon.
3) Can Dunk City make a return trip to the Big Dance? We’ll find out this afternoon as Florida Gulf Coast takes on Mercer in the Atlantic Sun championship game.
4) Nebraska has not lost a game at home in its last seven tries. An eighth straight home victory will greatly improve the Cornhuskers tournament chances as they welcome in Wisconsin.
5) The Atlantic 10 tournament is shaping up to be a wild one. Saint Louis and UMass go head-to-head in Amherst with a preview of what’s to come next week in Brooklyn.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25:
- No. 5 Virginia vs. Maryland, noon (CBS)
- No. 17 Saint Louis vs. UMass, 2 p.m. (CBS Sports Network)
- Canisius vs. Iona, 4:30 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Albany vs. Vermont, 5 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Penn State vs. Minnesota, 5:15 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- Boston College vs. N.C. State, 6 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Quinnipiac vs. Manhattan, 7 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Hartford vs. Stony Brook, 7:15 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Georgia Southern vs. Wofford, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Western Illinois vs. South Dakota State, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN3)