We here at College Basketball Talk hope all of you battling through Hurricane Sandy are safe and sound. Many of you are without power, so we are keeping it light today with Tuesday’s Morning Mix. Stay Safe.
– Mike DeCourcy updates us on the affect Hurricane Sandy is having on east coast programs like Hofstra, Villanova and VCU
– The AP released its All-American Team and the mid-majors were well represented. In fact, of the six players on the first team, only one BCS-conference was represented. Indiana’s Cody Zeller received the most votes 64/65. But what about that last voter? Is there really somebody out there who a) gets to vote for the AP All-American Team and b) Doesn’t think Cody Zeller is a preseason All-American
– Many believe that with the addition of Syracuse and Pittsburgh, the ACC will contain the best collection of college basketball programs in the country. While this might be true, Syracuse and Pittsburgh still have one season left in the Big East. So, which conference is the best right now?
– Creighton was chosen as the preseason favorite to win the Missouri Valley Conference this season
– An excellent read from The UConn Blog about why the term “In good standing” is misleading when discussing academic progress ratings
– A great Q&A session with Eastern Washington’s Colin Chiverton, who may just be the best scorer in the Big Sky Conference
– Jamal Fenton a senior reserve forward for New Mexico, has been suspended three games for an NCAA violation pertaining to illegal benefits
– Idaho State back-up guard Sherrod Baldwin was declared academically ineligible to participate during the fall semester