-Your #ReadoftheDay comes via Ken Pomeroy, the college basketball god of statistics. He drops some of the best off-season knowledge possible: the top-17 most improbably comebacks of 2011-2012 (Note: I was present for No.15 and No.12. Just sayin’)
– In case you’re in the process of getting prepped for the upcoming season (Less than 50 days till Tip-Off Madness), now is a perfect time to start getting familiar with mandatory Luke Winn readings on Friday mornings
– Mike DeCourcy provides evidence that shows recruits still want to play in the Big East
– Marcus Lee has narrowed down his college list two just two teams: California and Kentucky
– Matt Norlander takes UNC to task over the school’s lack of a moral compass in distributing the blame for the school’s academic scandal
– According to this electronic bar tab, the University of Kentucky spent roughly $370,000 during the men’s basketball 2011-2012 national championship campaign
– Jeff Eisenberg is previewing the Southland Conference, which is debuting the addition of Oral Roberts, previously of the Summit League (Champions, 2011-2012)
– This isn’t new news. In fact, this is probably the first issue event-planners would have addressed when told to stage an outdoor basketball game…….Ummm….What if it rains?
– Don Amore reports that new UConn head coach Kevin Ollie is out in Chicago getting his recruiting grind on, Jabari Parker-style
– Highly touted recruit Jordan Mickey has decided to attend Louisiana State and will play for new head coach Johnny Jones, who took over in April when Trent Johnson decided to leave for TCU
– Alabama head coach Anthony Grant asked for a raise at the end of last season, and yesterday the school announced that they would be giving it to him
– In terms of the Louisville/Kentucky rivalry, this is what we call “Rock Bottom”
– Oregon Cheerleaders. Need I say more?
Remember, if you find an article that is worthy of being in The Morning Mix, be sure to use the #ReadoftheDay hashtag on Twitter.