The NFL referees are back, but The Morning Mix never left. Remember that.
– In an effort to make their Midnight Madness seem more “hip” and/or “cool”, Syracuse has decided against having Tone Loc for a second straight year. Instead, former-guard Scoop Jardine will M.C. the event, along with
his girlfriend the daughter of Michael Jordan
– More Midnight Madness intel: George Washington and UConn
– Rappelling down the face of a rock is scary business. Normally, I have no business discussing it. But Rutgers Mike Rice is going to give it “the ol’ college try”. He’s a better man than I’ll ever be
– Umm, this is the main issue I’ve had with aircraft carrier games the entire time
– What should we expect from the Big East in 2012-2013? That’s a very good question
– Anybody else looking forward to the bi-annual Xavier/Butler title that’s just beyond the horizon? Remember when the #Expansionocalypse big-wigs were talking about so-called “new rivalries”? I think this is what they had in mind
– Since we’re on the subject of Butler, here’s a team preview for the 2012-2013 Bulldogs squad
– More Butler: Regardless
or “irregardless” of the outcome, Butler will not be taking over for Duke’s 2010 national championship title
– Michigan State is going to be “a force to be reckoned with“? C”mon Izzo. That’s a tad strong even for your taste
– It’s only Wednesday, but I’m pretty confident that the Montana Grizzlies have had the worst.week.ever
– BYU-transfer Damarcus Harrison has been granted a waiver by the NCAA that makes him immediately eligible to play for the Clemson Tigers
– In case you missed it from earlier on Tuesday, Nebraska AD (and famous football coach) Tom Osborne announced his retirement, effective in January
– Reggie Cameron, an elite shooter out of Hudson Catholic (NJ) has committed to Georgetown and should fit into JTIII’s offensive system rather well
– Interested in trying out for the Detroit men’s basketball team? Here’s your chance
– If your fantasy football league gets points for offensive rebounds or eFG%, this link is for you
And we end today’s edition of The Morning Mix with the following:
You gotta just trust me on this one.
Remember, if you find an article that is worthy of being in The Morning Mix, be sure to use the #ReadoftheDay hashtag on Twitter.
Troy Machir is the managing editor of the college basketball website Ballin’ is a Habit. You can find him on twitter @TroyMachir.
My college coach would make us turn in our scouting report before each game out of fear of espionage. Players at Duke are getting IPads. The world is a scary, scary place