– This is the funniest thing you will see all day: A Kentucky student struggles to pitch a tent at the Big Blue Nation camp-out (#TimeLapse).
– Here’s a full recap of the #BBN camp-out
– Sorry, but we have more Kentucky-related news. Large portions of the flooring used at The Superdome for the 2012 Final Four are being installed in the brand-new Wildcat basketball facility.
– Okay, I swear, this is the last Kentucky-related post. But if you’ve actually made it this far, your reward is yet another Wildcat-themed body part replacement
Non-Kentucky hoops news:
– This is the best list you will see all day: The top walk-ons to be on the lookout for this season
– Thia is the second best list you will see all day: The top-10 players in the Sun Belt Conference (See: Nine players and Tony Mitchell)
– Roy Wiilams had kidney surgery yesterday. But even a kidney tumor can’t stop Dag’gum Roy from coaching his heart out
– Hots Springs, AR has been the host city for the Sun Belt Tournament for the past few years. But because there is no suitable football stadium to house a conference championship, the league may take the tournament elsewhere once the current contract expires in 2014
– In case you forgot, UConn and Michigan State are going to play a Nov. 9 game inside an airplane hanger at the Ramstein Airbase in Germany
– Speaking of basketball and the military, here is the list of schools likely to play a 2013 game on a naval vessel
– Considering that most of us struggled to control our weight during and after college, I’m always a fan of big-men who are willing to shed extra Lbs in order to compete at the highest level. It’s why we all hate Josh Smith and why we will all root for Texas freshman Cameron Ridley
– Maryland-recruit Aquille “Crimestopper” Carr was in court yesterday. The Baltimore-phenom was arrested for allegedly assaulting the mother of his child during an altercation on August 18th. The charges will be dropped if Carr completes 22 sessions of therapy and outreach
– Yesterday, I guided you to an article about the Bradley Braves ticket demand for an on-campus game during the season. Today, I’m instructing you to read this enlightening post from Brian Ewart of VUhoops.com on the factors that force the Wildcats to play a good portion of their home games at the off-campus
CoreStates/ First Union / Wachoiva Wells Fargo Center
– Jim Calhoun is still going to get paid a lot (Insert “Nawt a dime back” reference here)
– Should the Big East add BYU or Air Force as the 14th FBS football program? Does anybody really care anymore? what’s this? An actual geography reference during Expansionocalypse debate. This is a first. Trust me. I’m pro-geography
Remember, if you find an article that is worthy of being in The Morning Mix, be sure to use the #ReadoftheDay hashtag on Twitter.