Tuesday was a busy day in the world of college hoops. So lets get right to it.
It’s time to hit the links.
– Gregg Doyel shreds North Carolina, says that some of their banners need to come down. #HeavyArtillery. I do like this response from Carolina March though. Is the academic scandal causing recruits to back off of UNC?
– UCLA’s super-recruit Shabazz Muhammad was declared ineligible to participate with the Bruins on their exhibition trip to China
– Billy Baron has been granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately at Canisius. Baron’s father was fired as head coach at Rhode Island, and the savvy guard wanted to follow him up north
– Mark McLaughlin has left the Washington Huskies program. What effect, if any, will this have on the current squad?
– Former-Oregon guard Brett Kingma is transferring to Washington State. You see that Bo Ryan? It’s called freedom
– Florida freshman Chris Walker may not be in Gainesville for more than one year
– Brock Motum was a candidate for the Pac-12 Player of the Year Award last season. He’s gearing up for another stellar year by touring his homeland with the Cougars
– Jim Boeheim spent August in London with Team USA. Upon returning, he isn’t exactly sure if Michael Jordan was better than LeBron James
– Mic Cronin has been blasted in the past for his team’s weak non-conference schedule. While the Bearcat’s 2012-2013 non-con schedule isn’t a murders row, it’s no cream puff bakery either
– Some fun tempo-free stats from Team USA’s gold medal tour of London
– This may be the only time you ever see me put the words “Jeff Borzello” and “good-read” in the same sentence (Trust me. I’m dying a little bit on the inside)
Remember, if you find an article that is worthy of being in The Morning Mix, be sure to use the #ReadoftheDay hashtag on Twitter.