– Central Florida got handed a one-year post season ban due to NCAA violations stemming from illegal recruiting that was discoverd last April. The school says this issue won’t deter them from joining the Big East conference with authority. What are the chances that Keith Clanton and Marcus Jordan return now? Rob Dauster says UCF was dumb enough to get caught. Dana O’Neil shares a similar opinion
-Wait, John Wall’s name came up during the NCAA hearing?
– Ken Caldwell, the runner behind all of this, spoke out on Twitter. He realizes none of us take him seriously
– 99.9% of college coaches use third-party recruiting services. The Big Lead provides some great insight on the digital business of college recruiting
– Two Montana players were arrested for theft this weekend and have just been suspended from the program. This is the same Montana State program that had a player get injured in a bar fight last season. Tough loss for coach Brad Huse
– Louisiana tech’s live mascot bulldog “Tech XX” is still missing. People of Ruston, you need to start trying harder
– Memphis’ Antonio Barton misses his daughter, but is glad he decided to stay in school
– More notable coaching quotables from Seth Davis
– You should all know by now that Drake got his very own Kentucky National Championship ring. We aren’t here to debated the absurdity of the matter. We’re here to speculate what other Kentucky super-fans should get rings. No mention of World Wide Wes?
– A fantastic take down from Sean Keeley on all the journalist realignment
– Memphis and Alabama in a “behind closed doors” scrimmage? That’s a shame, I’d pay to see that
– I totally agree. The transferring process should be a lot more simple than it is in reality
– Some pretty interesting stuff about former-Penn State head coach Ed DeChellis, who appears to have gotten out-of-town just in time
– Wake Forest will head north of the border this preseason to take part in two scrimmages against Canadian universities
– Can anyone guess whose No.1 on the list of “Top departing players in the Big Sky Conference”?
– Oakland head coach Greg Kampe is going on a 30-day all juice diet in support of Coaches vs. Cancer
– From the files of “You Can’t Make Up This Type of Stuff”: Former-Duke center Brian Zoubek opened up his own bakery. I told ya, you just can’t make up this type of stuff
– Frank Martin is a fan of Pitbull. Yeah, you ready that correctly. USC head coach Frank Martin thinks Pitbull is one of the best performers in the world
– Jeff Borzello got some good insight on what college coaches think about the new summer recruiting schedule
Troy Machir is the managing editor of the college basketball website Ballin’ is a Habit. You can find him on twitter @TroyMachir.