– LIVE MASCOT MISSING.
Yup, the 4-year old bulldog that resides as Louisiana Tech’s “Tech XX” is nowhere to be found in Ruston. Lets make sure this guy gets back to LaTech. Bulldogs are way too cute to go missing.
Sorry for the all-caps earlier. It’s just that the Morning Mix is pro-live mascot and pro-bulldog in the biggest way.
– Doug Gottlieb is leaving ESPN for CBS. Most of you probably can’t stand Gottlieb, but he’s really good at what he does
– ESPN is adding former coaches Bruce Pearl and Seth Greenberg to their college hoops coverage and Jalen Rose will join Game Day. All three of these moves are being universally approved of by the hoops community, although losing Gottlieb does hurt
– Some of Seth Davis’ best work is when he simply gets a bunch of great quotes from coaches. Covers a lot of ground, straight to the point, and very entertaining. No filler. Always a good-read
– Evan Williams isn’t a fan of Jon Calipari’s new scheduling scheme
– No offense, but why would anybody want to be the head coach in-waiting behind Mark Few at Gonzaga? Short of a freak accident, Few isn’t going anywhere any time soon. I get the experience and grooming factor and all, but just call it what it is, and assistant position
– Kevin Levandoski is about to become both the most popular and least popular basketball player at St. Cloud State (DII). Why? Because he got his uncle, Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo, to schedule a scrimmage between the Spartans and Huskies
– Kevin Brockaway explains why Florida has one of the most difficult non-conference schedules in the 16-year career of Billy Donovan. It has something to do with only playing one December home game in Gainesville
– New Mexico State head coach Marvin Menzies is very close to signing a two-year extension with the school. The Aggies have made the NCAA tournament two out of the past three seasons. Menzies was also a candidate for the Colorado State vacancy, which was eventually filled by Southern Miss’ Larry Eustachy
– Louisville may have snagged themselves the next “All Name Team” All-American in Mangock Mathiang
– Anthony Davis squashes UK/Duke beef by stomping on Christian Laettner…..sort of
– Any one else find this ridiculous? Duke always plays Davidson right? Seems like it happens every year, and always at Cameron Indoor Stadium. So when Davidson finally gets a “home game” again Duke, they have to play the game in Charlotte? What’s up with that?Then again, it was the school’s decision because they felt that playing the 19,000-seat Time Warner Center instead of the 5,000-seat Belk Arena would make them a lot more money if Duke was in town