– For those interested, Doug Gottlieb provides his preseason power rankings for 2012-2013
– Jim Boeheim said something outlandish? I’m shocked. Shocked I say. Shocked. But he does want to keep one Big East non-conference game on the schedule…..Of course it’s the school in New York. Jimmy-B doesn’t travel outside of New York for nobody
– Cracked Sidewalks hit another one out of the park: A statistical ranking of all the NBA summer league players
– Matt Norlander serenades us with a tale of grandeur and whimsy……….OK, that was me trying to be Matt Norlander. Anyways, here he is explaining why college hoopsters and coaches across the country are loving the new summer practice rule
– I’ll be the judge of the “Dunk of the Summer” label……….Yup, that’s Dunk of the Summer right there
– Jason King drops some knowledge on the most important players in the Pac-12
– Eamonn Brennan is not alone. I too had no clue who James Barnett was before the beginning of this week. Apparently the people in China love this kid, a sophomore shooting guard at Saint Joseph’s
– Andy Katz thinks that Colorado is primed to compete now that they’ve settled in to the Pac-12 conference
– Mike Waters wants to know who you would add to Syracuse’s Mount Rushmore if it already had Dave Bing, Derrick Coleman and Carmelo Anthony. Personally, I’d go with Gerry McNamera. 2006 Big East Tournament. Don’t really have to say much more than that
– Rob Dauster tries to provide some insight on how to go about gaining a scholarship in July
-A Memphis woman has been sentenced to 29 years in prison for fatally stabbing a Middle Tennessee State University women’s basketball player
– I thought Georgia Southern had announced their decision to stay in the SoCon? Then why are they chatting up a storm with Sun Belt Commissioner Karl Benson?
– Michigan State may have lost Draymond Green, but Tom Izzo still likes the squad he is bringing back next season
– Speaking of the Spartans, MSU big-man Derrick Nix continues to shed weight in the off-season
– A good-read on Kansas’ Naadir Tharpe, a talented sophomore guard who is ready for a breakout year in Lawrence
– I hope Providence’s LaDontae Henton has a breakout season. The versatile sophomore forward was a member of the Big East All-Rookie Team in 2012 and should be one of the driving forces behind the Friars resurgence in the Big East
– This has to be Dante Taylor’s year, right?
– According to a mystery college coach close to the situation, Kentucky is in the lead to land the services of Jabari Parker
– Speaking of Parker, the top recruit in the country might miss the entire recruiting period due to a foot injury, and he isn’t too concerned with losing his spot in the recruiting rankings. But he will trim his top-ten list down in the near future
– Former-Bradley Brave Adebayo Akinkunle was robbed in Chicago, losing more than $100,000 in cash and his Range Rover. Quick question: Who the hell has $100,000 in cash lying around their house other than the guy from “Blow”?
– of course Kentucky fans are upset that Anthony Davis didn’t get enough playing time on Monday night
– And if Russ Smith wasn’t already ridiculous enough, he now has a racehorse named after him
– It looks like South Florida guard Blake Nash is transferring to Texas Tech
– Who will lead Iowa in scoring next season? I’m going with Roy Devyn Marble, but not because of his awesome name. The dude can flat-out score
– Your weekly update on the UNC academic fraud scandal. Now w/ 25% More Chad Forde!
– Here’s video of Rick Ross playing hoops…..If you’re in to that sorta thing (Language NSFW)
Troy Machir is the managing editor of the college basketball website Ballin’ is a Habit. You can find him on twitter @TroyMachir.