– Myron Medcalf provides your must-read of the day. Canada produces a lot more NBA prospects than you think
– Mike Huguenin puts together a roster for the US Olympic team if no current-NBA players were allowed
– Sad sad news out of New York today, as former Stanford-captain Pete Sauer died after collapsing and hitting his head during a pick-up game outside of White Plains. The 35 year-old was the captain of the Cardinal’s 1998 Final Four team. An awesome tribute video
– Nerlens Noel is going back to his original high school in order to become eligible for the NCAA
– In case you weren’t already aware, Anthony Davis had one helluva year. Rush The Court provides statistical evidence
– With the return of Tim Frazier and the addition of Southern Miss’ D.J. Newbill, Penn State head coach Pat Chambers thinks he may have one of the best backcourts in the country
– If you think John Calipari has spent his summer enjoying his first national championship, you’re dead wrong. Despite winning the top prize in the sport, Coach Cal has kept his foot on the gas pedal in the off-season, recruiting the top players and moonlighting as the head coach of the Dominican national team. Speaking of which, he is not sure if he will return as the head coach of the D.R.
– In the past ten years, VCU has faced off against Atlantic-10 teams 20 times, and won 15 of them. That bodes well for the Rams in their new stomping grounds
– Here’s an interesting discussion topic you’ve probably never thought of: How good could Cam Newton have been at basketball?
– John Groce wants to turn up the tempo at Illinois, so he’s taking 11 seconds off the shot clock
– Gloria Allred, the outspoken attorney who represented Syracuse accuser Bobbie Davis, had some choice words for the University and their investigation
– Cody Zeller doesn’t care too much about the absence of IU/UK in 2012-2013
– California head coach Mike Montgomery has signed a contract extension that will keep him in Berkeley until 2016
– South Florida head coach Stan Heath got a well-deserved contract extension over the weekend
– Andrew Wiggins, the top recruit in the class of 2014, attracted a lot of attention this weekend thanks to his performance in Las Vegas. But could the rising junior reclassify and get another year of prep work?
– Matt Norlander updates us on the sticky situation out at Idaho State involving a questionable booster
– Jon “So Much” Rothstein provides some insight on who Steve Lavin is thinking about hiring as his new assistant coach at St. John’s
– Nigeria is making its first Olympic basketball appearance in national history thanks to the play of Ike Diogu, Al Farouq Aminu and Tony Skinn
– I’m not one to tell Kentucky people what to do, but can you get over the “vacating” digs at Calipari? Just take it in stride. He has a championship
– #50 on a Wisconsin sports fan’s bucket list is attending a Marquette/Badgers game. Totally agree. It’s one of the more underrated non-con rivalries in the country
– While the UNC academic scandal was predominantly a football-related issue, some of the new information is just baffling. The last paragraph is gold. (“Gold, Jerry! Gold!”)