– Mila Kunis is a tight dress shooting a basketball? Yes please
– Some absolutely tremendous work done by our good friend Matt Norlander. He tracked all the draft patterns from colleges and conferences since 2002. Sure, the graphs are a bit “Microsoft Works 2.0”, but it’s still definitely read-of-the-day material
– Last Friday, new rules regarding contacting recruits went into effect. Some players love it. Some parents don’t, especially not the parents of top 2013 recruit Jabari Parker. But it’s ultimately up to the coach to find the middle ground
– Mike Huguenin takes a look at the high-profile new assistant coaches that could place their teams on the fast track to success.
– I think I’m the only one in the world who was sad to leave Hubert Davis leave the analyst chair. But the new UNC assistant is excited for the task at hand
– The NCAA handed out its APR scores yesterday, and nine schools will be joining UConn on the sidelines for March Madness
– Speaking of UConn, Andy Katz takes a moment to analyze the future of Jim Calhoun’s program. Katz also explains why the Huskies will have to heavily rely on the services of their base-court
– The U.S. National Team won the gold medal at the 2012 FIBA Americas U-18 Championship on Wednesday by defeating host-country Brazil, 81-56
– Not many teams have been bit by the transfer bug as hard as Virginia has. But then again, the Cavs have also benefited from the inclusion of new players
– Syracuse’s Fab Melo continues to struggle with the language barrier, sends wrong signals to NBA scout
– Oh, look, Maryland is getting new jerseys…..again. The Maryland flag look is so played out anyways…..
– The CAA has been shaken up like good martini since the end of the 2012 season. Old Dominion is going to C-USA and VCU is going to the A-10. George Mason thought about leaving, but decided to stay. Georgia State is going some place else, but nobody really cares, or knows. The point is, the CAA wasn’t happy and is now leaving Georgia State and ODU out of the post-season tournament next year. Is that fair?
– Meet Chico Potts, the new Mississippi Valley State head coach (Yeah, his name is Chico Potts. #AllNameTeam)
– In the wake of mid-major realignment chaos, the MAAC has gotten a long-term commitment from all of it’s members
– Some good summer-reading for you advanced statistic lovers: Northwestern Hoops vs. The Big-10 in 2012
– This is kinda cool: A former Syracuse walk-on got hired by Lipscomb as an assistant coach