Aren’t you happy The Morning Mix has returned? What ever did you get accomplished from 8:00am-10:00am daily during its absence? You know what, I don’t want to know.
Let’s just hit the links.
– Your story of the day comes from Atlantic City, NJ, where Temple Owls star Khaliff Wyatt was arrested as part of a city-wide prostitution bust. In his defense, it was his 21st birthday. But then again, dude, you’re a division-I basketball player. Prostitutes? Really?
– Ken Pomeroy, everybody’s favorite basketball advanced statistician, throws us a curveball and breaks down the absurdity of the Pacquaio/Bradley fight outcome
– The Conference-USA Tournament is being moved from Memphis, TN to Tulsa, OK. Gary Parrish, a native-Memphisian (Memphian? Memphi? ) is correct in his belief that attendance numbers are bound to drop
– Steve Lavin continues to reel in recruits with ease, landing top-100 recruit Chris Opebka. The 6-8 center from Long Island joins a six-man recruiting class led by JaKarr Simpson
– So this Bernie Fine scandal is never going to end, is it?
– An NBA scout seems to think that Kentucky players (See: Calipari players) are unprepared and overhyped
– Is Ohio State big-man Jared Sullinger the most scrutinized player in the upcoming NBA draft? What about Harrison Barnes? Who would have thought we’d be talking about either of these players in this light last year?
– Toledo-transfer and Bronx-native Curtis Dennis will transfer to Iona
– USC forward Renaldo “Swiperboy” Woolridge made a tribute song for his father, Orlando, who passed away on May 31
– Josh Smith Alex Oriakhi and Le’Bryan Nash headline the “most disappointing players in the country” list for 2011-2012
– The Gonzaga Bulldogs got a nice pickup on Monday in the form of Providence-transfer Gerard Coleman
– Geno Auriemma is being sued for discrimination after allegedly attempting to kiss a female NBA security official
– Why on Earth was Missouri letting a “regular fan” fly to away games with the team?
– The Big East is suing TCU because the Horned Frogs never paid $5million when they decided to leave the conference. Isn’t conference realignment fun?
– wait a minute, conference realignment can lead to academic success? This must be propaganda
– Coming off of a Final Four birth, could the 2012-2013 Louisville Cardinal team actually be Rick Pitino’s best roster?
– Starting on Friday, the NCAA new recruiting rules will go into effect. Pico Dulce from Rumble in the Garden does a great job explaining what these new changes will mean. Evan Jacoby from Rush The Court wonders just how bad coaches will abuse the new rule